SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN OPERATIONS
Lightkeeper™ runs completely virtualized infrastructure per-customer to support data isolation, security, and flexibility. Our operations staff works on interesting problems every day ranging from automating cloud infrastructure securely to collecting and analyzing business metrics from hundreds of running instances across multiple clouds. The operations team also focuses on ensuring the reliability and performance of a large computational framework with regular data updates and dynamic reporting. We view operations as a core part of our product that takes raw data and ultimately transforms it into information that is easy to access, manipulate, and understand.
A good fit for our team is someone who can adapt and contribute to different areas of the system depending on the need. Getting your hands dirty and being willing to dig into a new problem is both critical to do the job well and what keeps it interesting. Lightkeeper is developed using both static and dynamic languages, combining the best of the open source world with custom developed solutions for domain specific problems.
- Automate, automate, automate. Automate anything and everything that is repeated and manual
- Improve existing and add new automated data processing workflows
- Automatically deploy, credential and secure instances in the cloud
- Ensure the reliability, security, and performance of virtualized infrastructure
- Implement automated testing of new code and platforms across a heterogeneous infrastructure
- Implement auto-scaling and auto-failover and integrate auto-failure generation with tools like Chaos Monkey
- BA/BS degree
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and interested in working in a startup environment
- Proven engineering experience with enterprise systems
- Experience with the cloud, especially AWS
- Experience with deployment tools like SaltStack, Ansible, etc
- Deep knowledge of python and Linux server management
- Familiarity with modern web infrastructure especially nginx
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact both internally and externally with clients
- Bonus skills: C# and web development experience
About Lightkeeper Lightkeeper is a rapidly growing and innovative software company looking to add talented people to its team. Our firm is committed to providing financial services firms with the tools necessary to intuitively access and analyze all relevant portfolio information through a unified platform.
Send us a resumé and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resumé via the website.