Data management has become such an integral part of workflow across all industries including investment management. Without good data, the calculations and visualizations that Lightkeeper generates would be meaningless. We want someone who loves rolling up their sleeves and getting into the details of the entire data pipeline. Data flows from reception to presentation enabling investment professionals to make informed decisions while providing their investors with the performance and process transparency they need.
Your core responsibility will be to build scalable, robust tools for the entire data pipeline – from receiving the data to transforming it, storing it efficiently and allowing easy access. There are new and interesting challenges every day: you’ll get data from various sources, find new and interesting quirks to the data and be wrangling different formats that need to be normalized. As an integration engineer you will need to understand the full data pipeline, evaluate data at each stage from data ingestion to the presentation layer and build scalable, robust tools for seamless extraction, transformation and loading.
A good fit for our team is someone who can adapt and contribute to different areas of the system depending on the need. Getting your hands dirty and being willing to dig into new problems is both critical to do the job well and what keeps it interesting. Lightkeeper is developed using both static and dynamic languages, combining the best of the open source world with custom developed solutions for domain specific problems.
Lightkeeper is developed using both static and dynamic languages, combining the best of the open source world with custom developed solutions for domain specific problems.
- Design, build and document (or find and use) scalable, robust tools to manage and store data
- Interact with outside data vendors to create file formats that contain required data
- Migrate and optimize existing data processing to updated formats
- Provide transparency on the state of the data processing workflow
- Implement automated testing on existing and new components
- Create tools to automatically compare data sets and output differences concisely
- BA/BS degree
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and interest in working in a small business environment
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and to manage and prioritize various projects
- Python expert
- Strong desire to automate and dislike of doing things manually
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact with both internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of financial data
Send us a resumé and cover letter: email@example.com or submit your resumé via the website.