DEV / OPS
Lightkeeper™ is a rapidly growing and innovative software company looking to add talented people to its team. Our firm is committed to providing financial services firms with the tools necessary to intuitively access all relevant portfolio information through one platform.
Our data solutions staff works on interesting problems every day ranging from handling massive data sets, resolving them together with disparate, scattered identifiers and finding automated solutions to cleaning up the often messy data sets we receive. We aggregate data from many different public and private sources before storing them and making them accessible in a standardized API.
Data serves as the backbone of the system because our visualizations are only as good as the data behind them. We take pride in simplifying the data into something that is easy to access and manipulate and ultimately provides insights to our customers.
A good fit for our team is someone who can adapt and contribute to different areas of the system depending on the need. Getting your hands dirty and being willing to dig into a new problem is critical to both doing the job well and keeping it interesting.
Lightkeeper is developed using both static and dynamic languages, combining the best of the open source world with custom developed solutions for domain specific problems.
- Work with our team of developers and implementation professionals to design and build APIs that make data accessible and available to other systems
- Read and clean data transmitted in various formats from different providers
- Store data to our proprietary data stores
- Develop tools to clean common problems in data sets
- Interact with outside data vendors to create file formats that contain the data Lightkeeper needs
- Resolve different data sets together through various machine identifiers
- Dig into data problems to find the root cause and make fixes across the system
- Track down differences between data sets that should tie out together and create tooling to automate it
- BA/BS degree
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and interested in working in a startup environment
- Knowledge of financial data
- Development experience in modern programming languages such as python and C#
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact both internally and externally with clients
Send us a resumé and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resumé via the website.